Focusing on improving your health or following a healthy nutrition program does NOT mean you need to miss out on all the fun things about food… dessert included! These 12WBT gourmet dessert recipes are too good not to share. So, satisfy your sweet tooth and try them for yourself!
Lime & Vanilla Cheesecake with Honeyed Cherries
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Cornflour (30g)
- 250g Extra Light Cream Cheese
- 500g Reduced Fat Ricotta
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste (5g)
- 1 Fresh Lime (49g), rind finely grated
- 1/3 Cup Sugar (75g)
- 3 Cage-Free Eggs (177g)
- 2 Tablespoons Honey (40g)
- 250g Cherries, halved and pitted
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Pistachio Kernels (7g), chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mint Leaves (20g)
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Grease base and sides of a 22cm (base measurement) round springform tin, and line base with non-stick baking paper. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of cornflour into tin, and shake to lightly coat sides to prevent sticking. Stand tin on a baking tray.
- Place cream cheese, ricotta, remaining cornflour, vanilla bean paste, lime rind and sugar in a food processor. Process until almost smooth. Scrape down sides with a spatula and process for a further 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Add eggs and process until smooth and creamy. Pour mixture into prepared tin and smooth surface. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until just set in the middle. It will still have a slight wobble. Cool completely, then refrigerate until firm.
- Meanwhile, combine honey, half the cherries and 1/4 cup (60ml) water in a medium saucepan. Then, stir over medium heat to dissolve honey, and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5-10 minutes, until cherries have softened and liquid is syrupy. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- To serve, run a flat bladed knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen. Remove sides from tin and ease cheesecake onto a serving plate. Decorate with remaining cherry halves, pistachios and mint leaves. Lastly, strain cherry syrup and drizzle over top.
- 100g Reduced Fat Ricotta
- 1 Tablespoons Low Fat Greek Yoghurt (20g)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Icing Sugar (3g)
- 1 Teaspoon Cocoa Powder (2g)
- 1/4 Cup Espresso Coffee (60g), cooled
- 1 Teaspoon Coffee Liqueur (5g)
- 3 Sponge Fingers (39g)
- Place ricotta, yoghurt and 1 teaspoon icing sugar in a small bowl. Blend with a stick blender until smooth. Then set aside.
- Select two small wine or dessert glasses for serving. Combine cocoa powder and remaining icing sugar in a small, fine sieve. Sieve a little cocoa mixture over the base to cover. Spoon a thin layer of ricotta cream over the cocoa.
- Combine espresso and liqueur in a small bowl. Break or cut the sponge fingers into pieces. Dip half the pieces into coffee mixture, then place into glasses over ricotta cream. Top with half the remaining ricotta cream and a dusting of cocoa mixture. Then, repeat with remaining sponge fingers, cream and cocoa mixture. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Yoghurt Panna Cotta with Mango & Lime Crumbs
- 600ml Buttermilk (600g)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar (73g)
- 10g Gelatine Leaf
- 300g Low Fat Greek Yoghurt
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Essence (10g)
- 1 Mango (200g), chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime (6g), zest finely grated
- 100g Rice Cookie, crushed (or any other plain sweet biscuit)
- Combine buttermilk and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Heat mixture to almost boiling point but do not boil. Then remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, place gelatine leaves in a small bowl of cold water for 1-2 minutes to soften. Drain and squeeze out excess water. Add to warm buttermilk mixture and stir to dissolve. Set aside to cool until just warm.
- Whisk in yoghurt and vanilla. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a large jug, then pour into ten 1/3 cup (80 ml) capacity glasses or cups. Place on a tray and refrigerate overnight to set.
- To serve, scatter mango over each panna cotta. Combine lime zest and cookie crumbs in a bowl and rub together with fingertips. Lastly, sprinkle over mango, and serve.
Hungry for more? For over 1000 recipes tailored to you, visit our nutrition page here to sign up for your FREE 12WBT trial today!