Got a pizza craving? Try this! Our 12WBT family-friendly pizza toast is quick and easy to make and is great for getting the kids involved in the kitchen. We’ve kept this recipe simple and inspired by a classic supreme pizza, but really, your topping ideas can be limitless! Pizza toast is a great vehicle for getting kids to try vegetables they wouldn’t normally eat. By including them as pizza toppings, you’re showing kids that vegetables can be versatile, fun and tasty.
Reviewed By: Lisa Donaldson, APD, M.Nutr&Diet, B.Edu
Serves 2 | Prep time 5 min | Cooking time 10 min | 317 cal/serve
- 4 Slices Wholegrain Bread (160g)
- 2 Slices Reduced Fat Chedder (30g)
- 2 Slices Lean Ham (60g)
- 30g Kalamatta Olives, pitted, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste (40g)
- 20g Baby Spinach
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Place half the bread slices on a clean work surface. Top each with tomato paste, ham, olives, baby spinach, cheese and oregano. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Preheat a sandwich press. Toast sandwiches until bread is golden and cheese has melted. Cut into quarters and serve.
- If you do not have a sandwich press, use a jaffle maker or simply create an ‘open sandwich’ and grill in the oven. Easy!
- Some other great veggie toppings to try out could include: roasted capsicum strips, grated carrot, grilled eggplant or zucchini.
You might also like: