Reviewed by: Erica An, BNutr&Diet, APD
With the weather heating up, there are so many more social occasions – so, why not serve up this delicious burger at your next one.
15 minutes prep
35 minutes cook time
339 calories per serve
- 150g Pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup canned lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 30g rolled oats
- 2 grainy bread rolls (140g)
- 2 tbsp tzatziki
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 25g baby spinach
Veggie Burger Method
- Firstly, preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place pumpkin on prepared tray, then spray with oil and sprinkle with cumin. Roast for 25 minutes or until golden and tender. Transfer to a large bowl, roughly mash and set aside to cool.
- Add lentils, shallots and oats to pumpkin. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Then, using clean hands, combine well. Shape mixture into 2 patties. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, to firm.
- Spread flour onto a plate, then dust patties evenly on both sides. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add patties and cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Halve rolls, hollow out and discard bread from centre. Toast both sides.
- Lastly, spread tzatziki onto one half of each roll. Top with patties, tomato, spinach and roll top to serve.
Also Read: Lose Weight and Keep Your Curves