French Toast with Banana, Berries & Maple Syrup (Serves 2)
- 1 cage free egg
- 1/4 cups low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinches ground cinnamon
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/2 cups mixed berries, thawed if frozen
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup, warmed
- Whisk egg, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Soak 1 slice of bread at a time in egg mixture, turning to coat, for about 30 seconds each. Repeat until bread has absorbed mixture.
- Melt half the margarine in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook 1 slice of soaked bread for about 2 minutes each side, until golden brown and set in the center. Repeat with remaining margarine and bread.
- Divide between 2 plates. Top with banana, berries and syrup, and serve.
- Maple syrup is so much better warm! Don’t skip warming it up for about 10 seconds in the microwave.
- To thaw berries, place in a single layer on a plate lined with paper towel and refrigerate overnight. Alternatively, thaw in the microwave for 30 seconds.
For over 900 delish recipes like this, sign-up to 12WBT! Our June round kicks off on June 13 – don’t miss out!
What Our Members Think…