Reviewed by: Erica Grandjean, APD, BNutr&Diet
This delicious Berry Carrot Loaf is quick and easy to whip up, making it an ideal weekend baking recipe.
You can cut the cooled loaf into slices, seal in ziplock bags and freeze for up to two months.
12WBT’s Berry Carrot Loaf
- 10 serves
- 20 mins prep time
- 50 mins cooking time
- 297 calories per serve
- 1/3 cup oil, canola (80g)
- 1/2 cup honey (170g)
- 100g low fat natural yoghurt
- 2 cage free eggs (100g)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla essence (5g)
- 2 carrots (122g), coarsely grated
- 100g raspberries
- 100g fresh blueberries
- 1 cups rolled oats (90g)
- 2 cups self raising wholemeal flour (300g)
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon (2g)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly oil a 21 × 11cm (base measurement) loaf pan and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Whisk the oil, honey, yoghurt, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl until combined. Mix in the carrot then fold the berries through.
- Place the oats into a food processor and process until finely ground. Add to bowl along with flour and cinnamon. Fold together until evenly combined. Transfer to loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into centre. Cover loosely with foil if top is becoming too brown during cooking. Stand in tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
To unlock over 1,000 recipes, including our BRAND NEW ones like this, sign-up to 12WBT today! Click here to find out more